Saturday 1 January 2011

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

In my film opening, I have used a few similar techniques which I had used to create my Preliminary task. These were the match on action, a 180 degree rule and an over the shoulder shot. The 180 degree rule however is the scene where each character is in the same order as they were in the previous scene. I also added in a few other shots, such as a p.o.v, a pan and a following shot.

For my match on action, I had the actress walk through the front door of her house. This is similar to the shot in the prelim of Vicky walking into the restaurant.



For my over the shoulder shot, I had the camera over the should of the killer as the girl opened the door. I also had another scene where he is crossing a name off on the list. This is similar to the scene in the prelim, where the conversation between the two friends take place.







 For the P.O.V shot, I used the view of the killer looking in on the girl when she's in the kitchen. To create this effect whilst filming, I slightly shook the camera to give the effect the camera was someone's p.o.v. I didn''t use this angle in the Prelim as I did not need to use it.


The other different angle I used was a Pan, when I took the over the shoulder angle from behind the killer, to see what he was doing in the front room when he pulled the knife out. I did this so that I wouldn't have to show the girl getting killed on screen. I think this shot builds tension in a way as it will draw the audience in.

To summarize my opening, I think that I have produced a good piece to call my final, however, now that I have seen some feedback comments from my peers and learnt where I have made some mistakes and where I could improve parts of my opening, I feel that if I had to edit this piece again, I would know what I need to focus on to make it better and improve the standard of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment