Tuesday 4 January 2011

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?


My target audience for my film 'The Checklist' would be either teenagers or adults since it's a thriller and involves lots of murders. This would not be ideal for children to watch as they would usually label this sort of film a 15 or an 18 so my audience would be either teenage girls or boys or young adults. This would be because the film is based around teenagers who get murdered and the story-line of this film would be based around a High School Drama type or something similar to that. I think there are several types of people who will watch my film but the person below I have picked for a few reasons. Here is a photo of her and a bit about her lifestyle.





Her name is Rebecca Boem and she is 17 years old. She lives in Dartford and she enjoys doing activities such as Ballroom dancing, going out with friends.
During weekdays, she is a student at the Leigh Academy and studies the arts of fashion. On the weekends, she will go out with either her friends or family and practices her dancing. 
She would normally shop at high street shops such as, H&M, New Look, Topshop, Primark and River Island and usually picks things out for her friends when shopping with them as she has a very good taste in fashion.
Rebecca enjoys watching film that are related to her age group, for example 'Mean Girls' (which is her favourite film) and then when she is at a sleepover or has a friend round to stay, she will watch films such as, 'The Haunting in Connecticut ', 'The Unborn' or comedy thrillers, such as 'Scary Movie' or 'Zombieland'. 
The programs she enjoys watching on television would be, 'The Vampire Diaries' 'Gossip Girl' or 'One Tree Hill' she sometimes watches the soap 'Eastenders' but only when she finds the free time. She finds reality programs like 'The X Factor' 'Strictly Come Dancing' and 'I'm a Celebrity' as good entertainment but would rather watch a good film at the cinema on a Saturday Night instead.
Rebecca listens to music from artists such as 'Rihanna' 'Fall Out Boy' 'Jimmy Eat World' and 'Beyonce'. 
I think this film will appeal to Rebecca as she enjoys watching scary thriller films with her friends, and the fact the film may revolve around girl drama could make her get a better understanding of the film. Also, she may go to see this film on an Orange Wednesday with her friends if the age limit was right for her. 


I also think that my film would be suitable for any kind of age group, as every one enjoys a good thriller and no matter how old the characters are or what the story line involves in a thriller, most age groups would enjoy the thrill, suspense and the mystery behind the film. 


Feedback
A lot of people gave me feedback on my film opening about what I could improve on or what they liked about my opening, what worked well and how I captured the viewer's attention and created tension etc.


Aimee said that she liked the variety of different shots I captured in my opening and the music which played along with it had good timing with each clip and some of the actions. 
What she said I could of improved on was the lighting and the close up of the check list at the end. When editing, I did realize that these areas did need a bit of improvement as they weren't the best part of footage I had in the opening.


Yvonne told me she liked the font, colour and style of the titles and that it had a nice simple effect to it. She also said she liked the way I never revealed the killer's face or identity. The part she thought I could improve on was when I used the shot from looking into the kitchen, that I could have held the camera  a little more steadier. At the time of filming, I thought this effect would show a person looking in on the girl, but when looking back and getting feedback on it, I do think I could have shown this a little better with my camera skills.


Kristen's feedback said that she liked the music I chose to fit my opening and that it helps to build tension, she liked the way the titles cut in some of the scenes and that the scene where the girl is being watched was effective to her as a viewer as it gave her the idea that someone was watching her. She also liked the scene where the killer gets the knife out on the girl and felt that since she, the viewer knew what was going to happen before the girl gave a tense atmosphere to the opening. The only thing she thought I needed to improve on was when the knife was thrown onto the bed that it should have been covered in blood, to make it seem more realistic. I did think about doing this and there were a few things I could of added into my opening, but with the deadline being so near I was more concentrated on finishing the piece and getting relevant information into the opening. Now I have seen what I could of improved on I have a few ideas on how I could of improved my piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment