Sunday 2 January 2011

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

To help me capture the footage for the opening of my film, I used different types of technologic equipment most of which I used to film previous tasks, which gave me a boost of confidence when I used them. These pieces of equipment included:
-A HD Camera - most people had to borrow one from school but I had my own camera available for me to use (this is not the camera in the photo) I found this came to my advantage because I was able to use it whenever I needed to film some more footage, for example I discovered needed an extra scene in my opening when I came to editing my piece, so to make life easier for myself, I didn't need to consult my teacher as I had a camera available for my use.
-A Tripod - I found that in the footage I took with the tripod I did not need as I needed to make my scenes fit under 2 minutes, so with the footage that I used the tripod to film, I did not need in my final edit.
-A Macintosh Computer - With out this I wouldn't of been able to do any of the editing. I found the Macs easy to use as I've been using the ones at my school for a long time which made it easy for me to use when I needed to edit my piece.



I also needed to use a lot of program software to edit my piece and enhance it's features in areas. These programs consisted of:
-Premiere Pro - This is the program we used to edit out footage and has been the software we've used to edit all of our pieces. I find this program easy to use as I've been taught how to use it well by my teacher and then the experience I've had with all the clips I've edited has really helped my skills in using this program.
-Google - Even thought this is a website, I used this a lot to research my genre and what a good thriller would consist of. I also used this to get some images of similar thrillers to my story and to see how they came along and produced theirs which gave me inspiration to continue on with mine.
-Wikipedia - I also used this for the same reasons as I used Google, however I did not trust this site 100% as it is known to be a site where people can edit the information themselves. Only when I did not find the right information using google, I would use wikipedia.
-Yahoo Answers - I used this to ask some people from the public what they thought would be a good idea for the title of my opening. This helped as I got an insight of what other people would think and gave me a variety of options where I could either use or get some inspiration from.
-Youtube - I used this site so that I could watch clips of movies to prepare myself for this task, I watched a variety of trailors and openings which go from 'Kick-ass' and 'Batman' to fimls such as 'Juno' and 'Meangirls'. This helped me make the decision of choosing the genre and getting the outline of my story.
-Photoshop - although I did not use this to produce my opening, I did use this to help create a lot of images on my blog. I have no problem using this program as I use it in other subjects but I really enjoy using this program and feel that it has helped me a lot with my evaluations.

No comments:

Post a Comment